ILLUMINATE Announces 2016 Conscious Film Convergence Programs
Sedona, Arizona – March 31, 2016 – The Consicous Film Convergence, a series of inspirational and educational workshops and panels featuring film industry experts, will provide participants attending the 2016 Illuminate Film Festival insight, knowledge and best practices from real-world experiences to create, invest in, write and distribute transformational entertainment.
Panels for the third annual 22-film mind-body-spirit festival, June 1-5 in Sedona, Arizona will feature industry icons including:
- Norman Seeff, filmmaker and photographer for Steve Jobs, Rolling Stones, Tina Turner, Ray Charles, John Travolta and Cher, among others;
- Simon Kilmurry, executive director, International Documentary Association;
- Bill Goodykoontz, chief film critic for Gannett and the Arizona Republic;
- Geralyn Dreyfous, co-founder, Impact Partners;
- Richard Lorber, chairman and CEO, Kino Lorber;
- Nancy Gerstman, co-founder and co-president, Zeitgeist Films;
- Richard Cohn, president, Beyond Words;
- Corinne Bourdeau, president and founder, 360 Degree Communications;
- Peter Rader, producer, Awake: The Life of Yogananda; and
- Dev Ross, Emmy Award-winning screenwriter;
"The Conscious Film Convergence brings together like-minded film, media and brand professionals for dialogue, education, networking and creative visioning to elevate the world's collective mind, body, spirit and environmental consciousness through cinema," said Illuminate Film Festival Executive Director Danette Wolpert. "Research shows us that more than 100 million people in the U.S. are hungry for information about how to grow spiritually and live in harmony with other people, other cultures and the earth. The Conscious Film Convergence is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for aspiring and veteran filmmakers, producers, writers, distributors and marketers to exchange with like-minded professionals with a shared vision."
Conscious Film Convergence passes are $249. VIP All-Access passes offer unlimited access to Conscious Film Convergence panels and conversations in addition to opening and closing night events, VIP parties and receptions, spotlight screenings, Reel Healing "View & Do" screenings, and priority ticketing access into theaters among other benefits. Early Bird cost until April 20 is $349 and $444 after.
Conscious Convergence workshop topics are:
- Spotlight Conversation: Norman Seeff on Creativity. The Power of a Dream. Seeff will share the 7-step creative process uncovered through 35 years of research and development of "creativity in action."
- Behind the Seen – Investing in Transformational Entertainment. An intimate dialogue led by Simon Kilmurry and including financier Geralyn Dreyfous and producer Jane Charles who are committed to bringing transformational entertainment to mainstream audiences.
- Act of Transformation – A Screenwriter's Workshop. Emmy Award winner Dev Ross will use Joseph Campbell's "Hero's Journey" to shed light on what writers can do to transcend one-dimensional didactics in pursuit of a more nuanced character-driven story arc.
- Distribution Therapy. Facilitator Shaeri Richards helps distributors and filmmakers share their feelings in an entertaining format that will provide abundant wisdom on setting expectations, keeping the flame alive and when to call it quits with your next distributor.
- Conscious Media & The Mainstream: Finding Your Audience. Media and industry leaders discuss how conscious cinema can be branded, marketed and presented to find and engage your audience and maximize your market share.
# # #