Venue Ops/Theater Manager
ILLUMINATE Film Festival
Feb 1, 2017 - June 30, 2017
The Venue Production Manager develops the operational protocols for Theater Management and manages on-site operations at all screening venues to ensure a smooth festival screening experience.
Main responsibilities include organizing theater protocols and logistics, recruiting and managing a team of theater managers, setup of theaters, maintaining a tight theater schedule, working with the filmmakers, dealing with public customer service issues, control of the working press on site, liaising with box office and volunteer departments and overall flow of the theatre.
Any new information released during the festival (added screenings, changes in protocol, changes in guests, etc.) must be communicated to the theater team by the Venue Production Manager.
- Recruit, assign and schedule Theatre Managers and Assistant Theater Managers (double as Volunteer Captains)
- Educate and train theater staff – Managers and Assistant Managers
- Set up scripts for Introductions by Introducers/Theater Managers
- Oversee theater preparation for ALL venues; Liaise with venue operator, festival Technical Director and tech staff, as well as Head Theater Manager
- Prepare paperwork for pre-festival theatre needs and ensure paperwork is formulated, copied and complete 5 days before festival: Theater Bible, reserved seat signs, theatre flow charts, theatre management reports, theatre staff evaluations and signage.
- Order equipment rentals (e.g. stanchions, easels, walkies, red carpet, step-and-repeat, etc.)
- Complete an inventory list for each venue
- Liaise with festival departments:
- Liaise with Programming/Filmmaker Services departments to determine which filmmakers require greeting, reserved seating and prepping for speaking
- Liaise with Tech team to implement tech checks and ensure quality projection, audio, lighting and transitions for intros, Q&As and special stage programs
- Liaise with in-house Ticketing Coordinator and CTS to ensure that ticketing and theater operations remain seamless
- Liaise with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure sufficient flow of volunteers for theaters to cover all dates and screening times. Create back-up procedures in the event of volunteer no-shows.
- Liaise with Press Department to organize red carpets, photos, interviews, etc.
- Liaise with Sponsorship/Development department to ensure sponsor benefits IN theaters are handled (signage, etc.)
- Train theater managers on logistics, safety concerns, evacuation procedures, Box Office operations and theater protocols
- During Festival, be main contact for all Theater Managers to discuss issues
- During Festival, routinely visit all screening locations to ensure all operations are running in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Ensure ballots for EVERY eligible screening are accounted for and submitted
- Return all equipment and signage to ILLUMINATE headquarters
- Ensures that all Theater Managers and Assistant Managers prepare a "wrap" report for their venue.
- Prepares overall Theater Management wrap to include samples of all forms, letters, e-mails, policies/procedures, all staff wrap reports
- Transition/train successor
- Other duties as assigned
Weekly individual meeting with Ops Manager
Bi-weekly Dream Team meeting
Bi-weekly Ops team meeting
Interdepartmental meetings as needed
Prepare detailed WRAP REPORT
Perform other duties as assigned
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
<Back to current openings