Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing
ILLUMINATE Film Festival
Sept 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017
- ILLUMINATE Marketing and Communications works with every department at the Festival: Programming (and Filmmaker Services), Industry, Development (Sponsorship, Membership), Operations (Ticketing, Venue Ops, Special Events, Healing Village, etc), Press/PR, etc.
- ILLUMINATE Marketing and Communications Manager oversees all members of the marketing team, including Social Media, Web, Design and Outreach volunteers.
Oversee the implementation and execution of:
- Marketing Strategy
- Assemble and supervise marketing team
- Conduct marketing team meetings
- Create year-long Marketing Plan to optimize branding and conversion into festival attendance and ticket sales
- Assemble Marketing timeline
- Overall Branding & Annual ILLUMINATE Campaign
- Draft and propose conceptual ideas for ILLUMINATE’s annual creative campaign, including visual imagery, slogan, promotions, etc.
- Work with Creative Director and designer to design ALL collaterals, including Program Guide cover, web landing page, Facebook profile, cover, post and ad images, vertical and horizontal banner ads, festival poster and flyers and signage
- Manage creation of ILLUMINATE videos, trailers and radio spots, if applicable
- Public Relations & Press/Media
- Oversee festival publicists
- Oversee Media Sponsorship program and fulfillment
- Oversee ALL Media Planning and placements (digital, radio, TV, calendar listings, etc) and the resulting GROSS IMPRESSIONS
- Conduct ad planning and devise ad calendar – national, regional, local
- Oversee ad campaign
- Manage publication of FILM GUIDE from start to finish
- Manage all printed items (15+ major print projects)
- Oversee all Outreach publicity materials
- Promotions & Outreach
- Devise and implement creative promotional/guerilla marketing initiatives
- Form and manage outreach partnerships
- Ensure the continued planning, execution and update of ILLUMINATE web site:
- Upcoming news and events (films, call for entries, ticket/pass specials, articles, interviews, year-round film news, etc)
- ILLUMINATE films (during Festival and year-round)
- Lists of sponsors, donors, members, etc.
- Press page updates and electronic press kit
- Blogs, video streaming, podcasts
- Photo galleries
- Integration of social media
- Newsletter signup specials
- Search engine rankings and appearances
- All other relevant content
- Oversee the continued planning, execution and update of ILLUMINATE newsletters, including Festival’s Daily Wrap (coordinating with content writers, photographers and videographers)
- Oversee the continued planning, execution and update of ILLUMINATE social media
- Initiate and oversee new innovative forms of content delivery – app, text messaging, etc.
- Prepare detailed WRAP REPORT, along with other marketing team members
- Transition successor
- Perform Other duties as assigned
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
<Back to current openings